IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE…
Cyberwarfare has become a very real part of our business, our government, our technology and our culture. We’ve seen terms like hacking, cyber-security and DDoS explode into our popular vernacular and for good reason. Real cyber-attacks have increased exponentially in the past 12 months and the growing fear of them has gone off the charts. Still, many of us do not incorporate simple, best practices when it comes to things like creating passwords and engaging with social media.
Hacked Again details the ins and outs of a cybersecurity expert and CEO of a top wireless security tech firm, Scott Schober, as he struggles to understand the motives and mayhem behind his being hacked. By day, he runs a successful security company and reports on the latest cyber breaches in the hopes of offering solace and security tips to millions of viewers. But Scott begins to realize his worst fears are only a hack away as he falls prey to an invisible enemy.
Twitter for Hacked Again
Reviews for Hacked Again
- “How can the little guys prepare for a potential hack? For starters, they should read Schober’s book – which he could have just as easily named ’The Original Hacker’s Dictionary For Small Business Owners‘.” – Forbes Magazine
- “Cybersecurity Bible for small business owners.” – Steve Morgan of Cybersecurity Business Report
- “…Bloody good book, now READ it AND PLEASE learn something from it…..AND pass it along to others!” – Chris Roberts, infamous commercial airliner hacker & Chief Security Architect at Acalvio Technologies
- “Hacked Again is a well written book that I recommend without hesitation — especially as a primer for business owners or even government business pros who want to understand what really happens before, during and after data breaches or security incidents that occur regarding your own accounts.” –
- “…buy them a copy of the book, write an inscription in the cover, and ten days later ask them what they have learned.” – SANS Technology Institute – Stephen Northcutt
- “…book is a must read for c-level management and medium to small business owners, as well as ICT Managers across the world.” – NetTX
- “This book is perfect for novices who want to know how to protect themselves, but it is particularly great for small business owners. Reading Scott Schober is like talking to a trusted friend who wants to help you navigate the digital world safely. He explains things simply but without condescension.” – Shawna Coxon of The Mackenzie Institute
- “Mr. Schober walks the reader carefully through the whats, hows, and whys of cybersecurity.” – Amanda Fortner of US Cybersecurity Magazine
- “HACKED AGAIN is an accessible and intriguing launching point to building and maintain a safe presence in this increasingly computer-driven world.” – Indie Reader
- I will be incorporating “Hacked Again” into my cybersecurity courses. There is no other book that lays this great of a cybersecurity foundation, and also details recent hacks of major corporations.” – Professor Jonathan S. Weissman, RIT/FLCC/Nazareth College
- “Schober creates a narrative that is more likely to keep readers engaged than typical tech guides—one that pulls together all major cybersecurity threats, details their consequences, and offers practical, preventive actions that are easy to understand and implement.” – Kirkus Indie Reviews
- “Hacked Again is practical-minded, enlightening, accessible, and worthy of the highest recommendation.” – Midwest Book Review
- “Now I understand the urgency of strong passwords! I will recommend your book to my friends, it was a good read.” – Mike Case – Globalstar Director, Gateway Engineering
- “Embedded within is some sound advice regarding how you can protect yourself from the evil hacker entities…” – GoodReads.com
- “Schober is to be commended for admitting the problems in order to warn others.” – Charles Ashbacher Reviews
Scott Schober shares his personal accounts as a business owner, thought leader, and wireless technology expert as his book examines a multitude of cybersecurity issues affecting all of us, including:
Scott delves into the details of the latest cyber breaches that made headlines and continue to affect consumers, businesses, governments, and all of our digital devices, such as:
- Target Retail Hack
- JP Morgan Chase Bank Hack
- Sony Entertainment Hack
- Apple’s iCloud Hack
- Office of Personnel Management Hack
Throughout this book, Scott not only contextualizes the impact of these cyberattacks on our daily lives, but also provides expert insight and a plan of attack for fending off future security breaches. Through tips and advice gained from his own experience, Scott offers hope to others by examining his own security foibles so readers will not have to go through the same cybersecurity struggles themselves.
About the Author: Scott N. Schober is the President and CEO of Berkeley Varitronics Systems (BVS), a forty-year-old New Jersey-based privately held company and leading provider of advanced, world-class wireless test and security solutions. Schober also invented BVS’s cell phone detection tools, used to enforce a “no cell phone policy” in prisons and secure government facilities. Scott is a highly sought-after subject expert on the topic of cybersecurity.
TV appearances include: ABC News, Bloomberg TV, Al Jazeera America, CBS This Morning News, CCTV America, CNBC, CNN, Fox Business, Fox News, Good Morning America, Inside Edition, MSNBC, and many more. His precautionary advice is heard on dozens of radio stations such as XM Sirius Radio, Bloomberg Radio, and The Peggy Smedley Show. Scott has been interviewed in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Fortune, Success, Newsweek, USA Today, and The New York Times.
A nationally recognized expert, Scott has spoken at conferences on topics including the future of wireless technology, protection from insider threats, susceptibility to cyber breaches, the impact of drone technology, and distracted driving.